Job Title Youth Coordinator
Project: Creating Job Opportunities for All
Duty Station Gostivar, North Macedonia
Expected Starting Date 25 July 2022
I. JOB PURPOSE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The University of South East European University, through a project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and UNDP, aims to establish a Youth Employment Resource Centre (Youth Centre) in Gostivar, for entire Polog region.
The ultimate goal of the Youth Employment Resource Centre is to address numerous institutional but also non-formal barriers job seekers, in particular from the youth, face in accessing information, mediation services as well as in the provision of systematic support in their job-searching and business start-up efforts.
The Youth Centre serves as a local aggregator and disseminator of information and service provider for unemployed job-seekers. While the Centre will be open for all job-seekers and those who would be interested in upgrading skills, obtaining on-the-job experience, or other forms of mentoring and advisory support, it will primarily target the youth segment of the population.
Local partners have committed to support establishment of a local resource centre, which can serve as a local aggregator and disseminator of information and service provider for the unemployed job-seekers. The centre will be open for all job-seekers in the Polog Region and those who would be interested in upgrading skills, obtaining on-the-job experience, or other forms of mentoring and advisory support, the Centre will primarily target the youth section of the population.
The Centre shall implement an integrated approach to human development activities to benefit companies in Polog Region, while creating synergies with the CSO’s, respective public institutions and very important with Chamber of Commerce, sector-based businesses, training centres, educational institutions and Professional Associations.
We are currently seeking an experienced Youth Coordinator to work on this project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation aimed at improving the employability of youth. The recruited Youth Coordinator is expected to work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Youth Employment Resource Centre Manager.
You have previous professional experience with enhancing youth employability and facilitating youth employment and/or human resource management in general, good understanding of the development process of programs and projects focusing on young people, entrepreneurship and career counseling, good understanding of the education institutions to produce the employable graduates.You are eager to bring in innovative approaches and apply new technologies. Your knowledge of social investment initiatives in the region and beyond will be considered as an asset
You will need to be a graduate in business administration, economics or similar field. You will need to be curious, enthusiastic, and a natural strategic thinker.
You will need to be digitally savvy and keen to be part of a large global organization exhibiting United Nations values.
You will be directly reporting to the Youth Employment Resource Centre Manager who will lead the project and will closely work on a daily basis with the other engaged coordinator.
The main objective of the project is to generate innovative policy and programming solutions to help Roma, youth and persons with disabilities to access the labour market while promoting services for broader social inclusion.
The project will provide creative solutions and new approaches to address the problem of youth unemployment. It will focus on measures to achieve the economic reintegration of long-term unemployed but will also tackle institutional and non-formal barriers and drivers of exclusion. The project will also be working closely with the private sector to develop tailored vocational curricula and on-the job training opportunities to leave no one behind.
II. Summary of key duties and responsibilities
- The Youth Coordinator will provide both programmatic and administrative support to a number of youth employment and youth development initiatives operated by the Youth Employment Resource Centre
- Along with the rest of the youth center team, the Youth Coordinator will work closely with Youth Centre Managerin his efforts for coordination and support of local government, NGO,s, education institutions, training providers and CSO’s in strengthening the matching of the labor market demand with the skills acquired by young people through the education system and define additional training needed
- Organize and support initiatives for career counseling and job search support to high school students
- Identify soft and technical skills trainings for individuals from the early age to University graduates incorporating some of the best practices and curricula and worldwide known concepts for skills improvements;
- Work closely with Youth Centre Managerin building relationships with local community, NGO’s, educational institutions and private sector employers to identify and establish youth employment and internship opportunities
- Work closely with Youth Centre Managerand support his work in collaborating with co-workers and staff from other public and private nonprofit organizations including case managers, vocational counselors, developers, job developers, family service etc.
- Facilitating and co-facilitating employment preparation and skills
- Promoting leadership development, innovation and novel approaches and concepts of youth engagement and participation on labor market initiatives, as well as innovative approaches in youth learning opportunities, soft skills and essential
- Communicate issues important to youth and the policies and practices that affect
- Working closely with Youth Centre Managerin promoting and developing the dialogue at the local level between the public and the private sector, including in particular the education system and the employers
A university degree in Business Administration or Economics or another relevant field. MA will be considered an asset.
- At least 2 years of cumulative professional experience with enhancing youth employability and facilitating youth employment and/or human resource management in general.
- Understanding of the development process of programs and projects focusing on young people, Entrepreneurship and career counseling
- Good understanding of the education institutions to produce the employable
- Good understanding of youth-based activities,
- Experience in work with youth as well as relevant institutions on active labor market is desirable
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office; Windows, Internet)
- Language proficiency in both written and oral Macedonian and Knowledge of other local languages shall be considered an advantage.
- Integrity: Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and
- Respect for diversity: Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Takes initiative
- Identifies opportunities and challenges and recommends options
- Checks assumptions against facts
- Assumes responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Analyses complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
- Contributes reliable production of knowledge services and transactions
- Identifies and addresses potential challenges quickly and develop action plans
- Sees specific opportunities for immediate improvement within own field
- Listens to develop awareness of client needs
- Respects differences of opinion
- Finds common ground to solve problems
- Gains trust of peers, partners, clients
- Presents complex, conceptual ideas in practical terms to others
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services
- Embraces expanded responsibilities and challenges self to excel
- Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations
- Demonstrates commitment to clients and quality
- Works to agreed goals dealing with challenges constructively
- Takes responsibility for project implementation and/or team deliverables
- Knowledge of the youth community in Gostivar municipality, and in the Polog region and previous professional experience in managing partnerships with the private sector and social enterprises and/or facilitating employment of youth
- Knowledge of the start-up community and skills development programmes
- Knowledge of social investment initiatives in the region is desirable
Working Time: From 8:00 to 16:00, from Monday until Friday
Net Salary: 610€
The competition is open from 14.07.2022 to 20.07.2022
Please apply for the advertised position via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by sending a CV and a Letter of interest.