STRESS MANAGEMENT COURSE
Course Title: Stress Management
Lecturer: Urime Demiri – Shaipi, PhD in Public Health
Date: 29.03.2021 – 02.04.2021
Language of the course: Albanian
Topics covered during this course:
- What is stress, stressors, perceived stress, sources, consequences and types of stress, etc.
- What happens in our body when we are stressed: Psychological, physiological and behavioral reaction to stress.
- Stress management, primary, secondary and stress reassessment.
- The role of positive emotions and resilience in stress management
- Stress management:
- Action-oriented skills: These skills relate to situations in which you have control and power to influence their change.
- Emotion-oriented skills: These skills are related to stressful situations, which you can only manage by changing the way you feel about those situations.
- Techniques of progressive relaxation, meditation, deep breathing, body scanning, visualization through the use of the senses, etc.
- How to identify and manage stress at work and in personal life.
- How to change our behavior and start practicing active methods of coping with stress.
To attend this course please fill this Google Form https://forms.gle/PDvP7PTXoR7W2hCu7
The lecturer on this course will be Dr. Urime Demiri-Shaipi
Dr. Urime Demiri – Shaipi is an expert in stress assessment, coping with stress, positive emotions, biomarkers of stress and research. From working as a dentist in clinical practice to doing research that integrates dentistry and mental health, she has shown how interdisciplinary research can improved science to solve problems across fields. As a Dentist with a passion for advancing community health and safety, she earned her doctoral degree in Public Health from PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences, University Brunei Darussalam (UBD) (2019) Desertation: “A longitudinal study of psychological stress and salivary biomarkers of stress in healthy young adults”. Now, as an Assistant Professor at University Mother Teresa, Dr. Demiri – Shaipi develops courses’ contents and teaches interactive courses in stress, stress management, burnout, workplace and environmental hazards and safety and is using research and data to improve community health.
Dr. Urime Demiri – Shaipi also has prior work experience as a Lecturer/ Teaching Assistant at the University Mother Teresa (2017-2019), and as Project Assistant at Care International Macedonia, where she has gained valuable experience in developing and implementing community base public health programs. She participates in committee work and other service to the University and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. She has authored a number of peer-reviewed publications and is a coauthor of a textbook Health Care Associated Infections – Multidisciplinary approach in prevention of Nosocomial Infections and Microbiology for Dental Students, University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius University”, Skopje, R.North Macedonia